Grilled Kale with Creamy Sesame Dressing


As great as kale chips are I needed to do something else with the bunch I got from our veg box.  We got a handy grilling basket which is changing our (summer) lives so I decided instead of putting them straight on the grill I would toss them in the basket already torn up a bit.



This recipe also gave me an excuse to go buy tahini- the base to many a good homemade hummus recipe which I'll plan on making more of soon.  I know some 1 year old's who love the stuff.



I'd make this recipe again easily.  The husband loved it and I think it took out the broccoli like taste kale has which, if you don't like broccoli may turn you away from the nutrient packed greens.



{Recipe thanks to and loosely modified from Sunset}

{Ingredients You'll Need}

  • 1 bunch kale
  • olive oil to sprinkle on the kale
  • 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon Tahini
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon honey
1.  Sprinkle the kale with olive oil and a little salt and pepper and toss.  Throw either in pieces into a grill basket or the whole thing onto the grill.  Toss the greens every few minutes or turn until just softened and streaked brown about 5-6 minutes.

2.  While the greens are cooking whip up the dressing in a large bowl.  When the greens are done just chop them (carefully if they're too hot) and toss in the dressing.  Serve up and watch people eat and enjoy kale!

2 comments

  1. I love Tahini! I throw it in salad dressings a lot too, for a little sesame flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I have a grill basket I've been loving too, but never would have thought to throw kale in it.

    ReplyDelete