...poached salmon...

As I write this I'm realizing there are more than a few posts I need to do.  So, you might just be getting a slew of updates from me.  First up, a salmon recipe my Mom made often, and still does, and a recipe that's become the staple way to make salmon now for me.  It's pretty much as simple as they come, and one of those recipes where even if you don't know what you're doing, it'll hopefully turn out moist, not dry.



Take the salmon- season lightly with salt and pepper- and put it in a pan with some olive oil.  Add white wine to come up to about 1/4 to 1/2 of the salmon.  Throw some capers on top.  Don't worry about the juice from the capers.  Put the lid on and let it simmer up and cook.  I don't have an exact number to tell you- but I'd let it go for about ten minutes then check and see if it's done.  If you stick a fork in it and it easily comes apart when asked, you're good.  The wine caper sauce (I've been known to add a little butter at the last minute too) is really good atop some rice or angel hair.  You can even take out the salmon, add in some spinach, cook that down, then throw everything atop pasta.  I'd say that's a simple weeknight meal, wouldn't you?

No comments