A Successful Tri Tip


Tri Tip is a rare cute of beef I only learned about when moving to CA. Last week AP and I headed to Costco and picked some up for a bbq Friday to test out the free grill we were recently gifted . Thursday night I made the marinade, and put 2 pieces of tri tip in there overnight, but more so almost 24 hrs. The marinade was from Bobby Flay, so I was pretty confident in his bbq recommendations. I threw the beef on the grill and probably about 35 min later.. success! I turned it throughout cooking and it came out pink inside. I think every Friday should be a tri tip bbq day.

I tweaked the recipe a bit and didn't make as much. I eye-balled it but did include 1/2 c soy and almost a couple of oil. Otherwise I juiced about 5 limes instead of lemons didn't add all the salt and pepper, about 3 cloves garlic, and 1/2 onion- chopped. The results were so delicious friends put their meat in the marinade before throwing it on the grill!


Marinade :
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • 1 cup soybean oil
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup black pepper
  • 1/2 cup garlic salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped garlic
  • 1/2 cup chopped dried onions
  • 2 (4-pound) tri-tips, trimmed
Link

No comments