Buckeye Baby

I was born at OSU Hospital which makes me a Buckeye Baby. They say good things begin at OSU and I'd like to believe that to be true. Every year that I can remember we've made Buckeyes so despite my lack of interest in more sweets, we had to make them! You can find a lot of recipes out there, but this is the one we used from my Grandma, adding more powdered sugar when needed and freezing the balls before dipping in the melted chocolate (1 bag each milk and semi sweet and about 1/4 bar wax. Don't worry about the wax- guarantee you've digested worse things.)

Ohio Buckeyes
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
2 sticks oleo (butter)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix, form balls, freeze or refrigerate so they're firm enough to dip in melted chocolate. Place back on waxed paper. They freeze well or keep them in the fridge for awhile.

1 comment